Wednesday, May 30, 2007

We're Having a Baby!!!!


Jade and I are going to be parents!!!!! We are super excited. Today we went in for our first appointment, I am ten weeks along. This appointment was supposed to check on me and to hear the baby's heartbeat. The doctor tried to get the heartbeat for about ten minutes before deciding to have me get an ultra sound. For those of you that know me really well, you can imagine how freaked out I was. It was so nerve racking to wait...everything bad that could ever be thought of came into mind.

Finally, after about thirty minutes of waiting, I got my ultra sound done and I have a healthy, strong baby. It was so amazing to see its heartbeat on the monitor. I am in awe of what a miracle is to have this baby inside of me. The baby has a head (to the right), arms, legs, and a big pot belly. Kyle saw the belly and told us that the baby must be taking after its father (AKA Jade and his growing belly!). Our baby is just one and a half inches long but I am amazed at how special something that tiny can be.

After seeing the baby the doctor told me that I just have a uterus that sits back (which makes it pretty much impossible to hear a baby's heartbeat right now) and that everything was going wonderfully. So after a little scare, we actually got to see our baby much sooner than expected...a small blessing in disguise! We are expecting to welcome this baby into the world on December 23, 2007. A fantastic Christmas present!




No comments: