Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Painting, Painting, and More Painting

We have been doing a major remodel the past week. As we were walking on our carpet we started to hurt our feet by stepping on the carpet tacks that were coming up through our wonderful carpet. Jade and I have lived with our carpet okay since we moved in - we have always hated it, but have withstood it. With McKenna getting closer to crawling we knew we had to do something, so we gave in and are spending every extra dollar we have on new carpet. We pulled out the carpet in the dining room and scraped up the linoleum in the kitchen and laid laminate wood flooring which looks great!!! We decided that since we were going to get new floors we should do a new coat of paint and that has taken forever!!! Jade, who is afraid of heights, has been a trooper getting the high corners of our ceiling. It will be great when it is done, it just has to get done. That comes to my other dilemma, I am having a huge panic attack about carpet! I don't want to spend all this money on carpet and hate it in six months - I need someone to tell me what carpet I want...it would be easier that way! I will post pictures when this is all done.

These are the pads to go on the bottom of our furniture so it doesn't scrape the laminate flooring...McKenna thought they were fun to take off of my face!!

No comments: