Saturday, September 27, 2008

Harvest Hoorah

Spanish Fork puts on a big harvest celebration that is pretty big for a small town. They have a ton of free activities and entertainment. McKenna is too small for most of the activities, like the pony rides, but we helped her do a few of the things there. She helped me make a crown of leaves, and when I say helped, I mean she tried the rip the paper leaves. She was not that happy about wearing it though. We also made a bracelet for her - all of the foam pieces we used had been in McKenna's mouth at one point, I figured I had better use them so another kid didn't get a slobbery leaf! The bracelet didn't last very long - she kept putting it in her mouth or yanking it off so we just kept it for her.
There were the cutest cut outs of scarecrows and sunflowers, McKenna cooperated after about twenty pictures.
They had carmel apples, kid style. They took chunks out of the apple and put a little stick in them, then put carmel on a plate to dip them in. McKenna downed her apples without the carmel and then decided to lick the carmel off my fingers.

No comments: