Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Wonderful World of Teaching

While walking a student to the office today, he asked me, "You know what you should be for Halloween?" I replied by asking him, "What?" His reply was, "You should go as yourself, you are scary enough." I have no idea if he was trying to be funny or was serious, but I said, "Well, that wasn't very nice." Then after I dropped him off to see the nurse I laughed the entire way back to class. When he returned to my class, he asked me again, "You know what you should be for Halloween?" I told him that he had already told me and he said, "No, I think you should be Little Red Riding Hood." He then handed me a picture he had drawn with my name on it and Little Red Riding Hood. Kids are so funny!
Later on I found a note on my desk with a shiny red rock next to it. A student had given me the rock with the message "Keep on Shining." One thing is for sure, teaching always changes! I guess you can't please them all on the same day...maybe I should just be me on Halloween, then I don't have to worry about dressing up!! I love my job! - I really do.

1 comment:

G&G Thatcher said...

Well honey just get use to it. Unfortunately, your own children tell you that at times. LOL!