Sunday, August 3, 2008

Zions National Park

I had to go to Cedar City this past week for a Science Seminar. Jade had to stay home to go to his New Teacher Workshops, so my mom traded her work schedule so she could come watch McKenna. I am so lucky to have such a fantastic mom! Not that many people would take off like that to help you out. One day after my class we drove to Zions to look around. I had never been there before and it was worth the trip! You drive around the mountains and have a breathtaking view of Zions. We thought we would just take the shuttle bus and maybe go on an easy hike, but we decided to hike the Emerald Pools. The Lower Emerald pool is an easy hike that everyone should do if they are there...little kids can even make it. The Middle Pool was only 0.6 miles higher so we decided to go. It was a little steeper, but worth it. McKenna giggled as we put her feet in the water.
We made it to the Top Emerald Pool and it was amazing! I had to take a break and McKenna wanted out of the wrap so we sat up there for a while and just enjoyed the beauty. We made our way down and decided that for that day we would be done hiking. We took the shuttle to the top and wished we had more time to hike around. I really want to go back some time and spend a few days there. As we left the Park we stopped for Bumbleberry Pie - probably the best pie I have ever had!!! Thanks mom for coming - McKenna loves to have you around.

2 comments:

G&G Thatcher said...

It was a blast! I would come anytime. I am very lucky to have such a fantastic daughter & an even more amazing grandbaby. Luv ya, Glamma

Rachel Porter said...

You are lucky that your mom is able to come so often! McKenna looks so cute. I showed my co-workers your blog and they all thought she was adorable. I hope you are doing well. Are you ready for school to start?