Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

This year we actually did something for New Year's. Last year I woke up at twelve to tell Jade "Happy New Year's" and then went back to sleep! My family decided to go to the First Night in Dowtown Tacoma and we had a blast! The festivities started at noon in the Museum District. We went to the History Museum, Art Museum, and Glass Museum - McKenna was actually intrigued with the History Museum. At 6:00pm everyone moved over to the Theater District where they had tons of shows to choose from. We were able to see performing pigs, a comic magician, jugglers, Hawaiian dancers, and a hip hop group that was not very good - McKenna danced still! I expected McKenna to go to sleep but the child stayed awake until the clock struck midnight! She could not take her eyes off of all the fun stuff she was seeing. It was definitely one of the best New Year's I have ever had!

No comments: