Friday, January 23, 2009

The One Percent

I have become acutely aware of the fact that 99% effective is not 100% effective. When you hear 99%, you think it is fool-proof or that you will never be the 1% - no one ever hears about the 1%. Well, my friends, I am a 1% statistic. While taking birth control and nursing McKenna I became pregnant with our second child. I am 4 months pregnant, due in July. It is a little weird to have this baby in me. We tried for what seemed like forever to get McKenna and this one is a little surprise that snuck up on us. The ultrasound we had done only measures to 14 weeks and I am past that, but other than being big, the baby has all of the essential parts including a strong heart beat. We are nervous and maybe a little overwhelmed by this new part of our lives, but obviously this little being was supposed to come to us atthis time and we will welcome her or him with loving arms - at least we hope McKenna will. I will know next month what the gender is - I will post as soon as I know.
On a little side note: If you want to be pregnant come drink the water at my school, there are currently 13 teachers pregnant with 4 more trying! My principal is having a nervous break down!

8 comments:

Julie said...

AHHH! Congrats!!!! So did you just find out? If you just found out and you're already almost half way done, you are so lucky!!!! I would pay to have that happen to me!
And what a perfect time of the year for you!
That is so exciting!!!

Aaron and Kalle said...

We had a lot of fun visiting with you, Jade, and McKenna. We are so excited for you. You look amazing, I am not kidding when I said I would have not know with out making the off the wall pregnant question.

Stephanie said...

Congrats, I can't believe that you didn't tell us earlier! WE are excited for you. Hope all goes well! Let us know if you need anything.

Michelle said...

Congratulations Charla!! Sounds like it was meant to be. I hope your feeling well.

Krista Griffiths said...

Charla...congratulations!! Those are insane odds!!! How exciting though!! We are having another one is June and aren't McKenna and Jackson only a month or two apart?? Too funny!! Hopefully we can both handle it! I guess timing is good with school so you can finish the year! Congrats again.

Rachel Porter said...

Charla, congrats!!! How are you feeling? So you went through almost half a pregnancy without even knowing it? That is crazy. I hope you are doing well.

Jon + Kat said...

Yeah! Welcome to the elite 1% club! I think it's God's way of saying it's time even though you may or may not be ready. I keep praying that won't happen to us again (Sevy put us in the club) but we are on the pill and so I have no faith in birth control! I'm excited for you!

*Danette said...

Congrats! I don't think its the water, I just think it was a particularly cold winter. There are 8 sisters in our ward pregnant right now!