Wednesday, July 15, 2009

River Jade Andersen

River came into the world at 4:39pm on July 15, 2009. He is a huge boy, weighing 9 pounds 4 ounces, 20 inches long, with long fingers and toes, and huge hands!
We went into the hospital at 10:00am and they put me on the antibiotic for the Group B. My doctor came at 1:00pm to break my water and start labor. At 4:20pm I was at a 6+ and 19 minutes later River was born! I have the most amazing doctor and was able to get this huge kid here without any ripping - I feel fantastic! River came so fast down the birth canal that his poor little face got bruised. The nurses and doctors say it will go away in a few days.
My mom and Ashley were able to be there for the birth and I was so thankful to have the extra support in the labor room, I am so lucky to have such great family members that are willing to come share in special moments like this.
McKenna loved kissing my belly and saying "Baby Rirer." This is a picture in the morning and then a picture of her meeting River out of my stomach. She likes to say "Baby," but is not sure she wants him to stick around, luckily my mom is here to help give her lots of attention. If you ask her if River is part of our family she will tell you "NO." Her family members are momma, dadda, and Miley.
I love this first picture of River, it looks exactly like a picture of McKenna when she was born - look at December 2007. Ashley has said that she still wants to have babies after being in the labor room! That is a great thing because I was afraid I had scared her having River naturally!
Thatcher Grandbabies! A ton can happen in 18 short months!
Jade is so happy to have a baby boy and to not have to hear me complain about being fat and pregnant! We are so excited that he is here and can't wait to watch him and McKenna start to interact! Being a mom is the best thing in the world!

1 comment:

Aaron and Kalle said...

Congradulations. I thought I would not call for a few days, but I want you to know that we are excited for you. Was River born without drugs/epidural? That is what I got out of the natural part. If so way to go. We look forward to meeting him.